Tango successfully running on FreeBSD (client side)

Hi Thomas,

Apologies for my late reply.

On the positive side, I’ve just run the tests you requested on a fresh Tango 10.3.3 source distribution, with some help from Codex AI, since not everything was entirely clear to me, for example which working directory to use :slightly_smiling_face: and the exact meaning of some of the steps.

More importantly, I wanted to provide you with a report written specifically from the perspective of a Tango kernel developer, rather than simply giving you my own interpretation of the results.

I am now going to send you a .tar.gz archive by email (this kind of attachment is not allowed here). It corresponds to a subdirectory that I added to my local main tango-10.3.3 source tree. If useful, we can integrate it into the Tango sources/Git repository, together with any other FreeBSD-related material that might be worth including (not much actually since building is straightforward and totally equivalent to the Linux counterpart)

FREEBSD-CATCH2-TEST-REPORT.md.txt (6.3 KB)

The FREEBSD-CATCH2-TEST-REPORT.md(.txt) file describes the procedure and the results in detail.

Please let me know whether the results are satisfactory and provide enough information for your purposes.

Best,
Giacomo